Looking for death? Perhaps a Bostonian driver could help you find it!
Seriously! The drivers here run red lights, never signal when they cut in front of you & will honk the hell out of their horn if you so much as slow down a bit (say you were trying to read the darn street sign!). Goodness, I could never drive here. That's asking for a death wish! And yes, residential roads can be NARROWER than the ones in Hawaii! I'm cringing just thinking about them.Anyways, more about my school... interesting facts, I guess.
- Our most prominent alumni is Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- We spent $385 million on our fitness center, which includes a skating rink, 50-meter swimming pool, rock climbing, lazy river (what the heck is that?) & tons of workout machines.
- We have ~30,000 students & roughly employ ~10,000 people to work! Yay for doing the labor force good.
- Our Barnes & Nobles bookstore consists of 5 floors.
- GirlTalk is coming to perform at one of our venues.
I feel bad that I'm not sleeping in my dorm yet & leaving my roommate to suffer the unbearable heat on her own. We are so going to complain to the RA later about our locked windows. But she did give me some mall recommendations for me to check out. I went to the CambridgeSide Galleria today... they have H&M, Brookstone, Express, tons of other stores that I haven't even checked out yet due to time. I did get 3 pieces from H&M though! And I am sad as F21 isn't even anywhere close to Boston.
We also went on the Charles River Boat tour, it went past my school, MIT & Harvard. The guide was commenting on how MIT & Harvard have an intense rivalry. And that Harvard was so bitter of losing its #1 rank in the past that they celebrated when they gained it back this year. I also learned that their school was named after the beneficiary, John Harvard. They didn't have any pictures of him though, so they built a sculpture of some good-lookin' French model & named it John Harvard. GG, Harvard!!!
Boston's pretty awesome for the most part, but I haven't made any more new friends yet. :(
About this entry
You’re currently reading “
- Published:
- 5:07 PM
- by karen

2 Comments (Post a Comment)