11 hours of air travel & some hours later...

It took more than 6 hours to arrive in Atlanta, GA. I swear my dad & I were the only Asians at the waiting gate. The airport was pretty awesome though -- way better than Honolulu. Okay, every airport is better than ours...! Our connecting flight to Boston, MA came extremely quickly, pretty much just waited around half an hour. We rented a car & at first couldn't get our GPS navigation system to work IN Massachusetts. It kept showing maps & stuff for Hawaii. Needless to say, I cussed at an inanimate object for quite some time. It's a good thing I studied Google Maps for a bit back at home, so we were able to find our hotel without any "detours". The front desk told us we couldn't check in until 3 P.M. (um, lame much?), so we went out to eat & shop at Target. I found a Vietnamese restaurant in Harvard Square -- damn, that area is BUSY as hell & finding parking in Waikiki is a walk in the park compared to Boston. The food sucked ass, so we left before finishing it.

Onto Target! I bought almost everything I need. I still need to hit up Bed, Bath & Beyond to buy a shower caddy, etc. I've noticed that Bostonians are awfully rather slow when they're pushing their carts. Too slow. And if you thought freshman getting in your way in the halls was bad, Bostonians will one-up them.

BOSTON IS SO UTTERLY CONFUSING, I still can't get my head wrapped around it. The majority of the residential neighborhoods are comprised of colonial-looking houses, which totally makes me feel as if I'm a goddamn Puritan, pioneer, or something.

Oh well, let's see if I get used to it... I miss my mommy. :(


I've already created a mess on the hotel desk!


Labels: ,


About this entry