Move-in & such.

I moved in yesterday morning, though I haven't slept in my dorm yet. My dorm is hot as hell, for some reason they locked the window so we can't open it whereas my other floormates can open theirs. I'm not looking forward to sleeping there... one of my roommates moved in after me, although we didn't catch each other until today. She brought a TV & fridge! I don't know if I'm going to be like really good friends w/her or only okay friends. We talked for a while, but I didn't think we "clicked," it was just more out of sharing common ground. I have a feeling she'll get along great w/the other roommates though...

Today was my first official day of orientation. Technically yesterday should have been, but the activity was optional & I wasn't signed up for it. There were sooo many international students (our class has more international students than any other year). They came from India, China, Korea (A BUNCH, holy, they're like a damn clique), Vietnam, Kuwait, Bangladesh, France, Italy, Belgium, Morocco, Mexico, etc.

They separated us into different groups, which was really awkward for me at first since I didn't know anyone. But I have these 3 Europeans in my orientation group -- 2 French guys & an Italian girl -- they are so freakin' GORGEOUS/GOOD-LOOKING. Like it should be a CRIME!! Damn those Europeans. I got to eventually make friends with 5 Asian girls (all international...) & hung out w/4 of them the entire time during orientation. I felt out of place originally since 3 of them would constantly speak in Chinese, but for the most part, we communicated in English thankfully. Man, my roommates are wealthy... I mean, you must be if you can afford to study ab road in the U.S. & buy all this crap.

I want to make more friends, but I don't know how really... like, everyone introduces themselves to each other, but the conversation will stale after the "Where are you from?"s, & "What are you gonna major in?"s, y'know? So yeah, I hope I will make more friends. :(

About this entry